Dr Corrie Block is a foremost business strategist, digital expert as well as a certified NLP Executive Coach. He has over 20 years’ experience working on more than 100 companies. Dr Block is the owner of Paragon Consulting. Among others, the firm:
• Provides business development and strategic advisory services for clients in all GCC, the EU and Canada
• Has successfully executed a new corporate strategy and Future of Work strategy for the UAE’s oldest company.
• Is the head of negotiations for a Joint Venture involving FDI in from three different multinational stakeholders.
Dr Block has delivered strategic consulting for the Council of Europe as well as the World Bank, tech start-ups, multinationals in addition to governments. His interventions span more than 30 continents. He has founded five successful businesses in Europe and MENA and received awards for product innovations.
As both an academic as well as a practitioner, Dr Corrie Block completed all of his post-graduate studies (including a Master’s in Business Administration and Global Leadership, a Doctorate in Business Administration and a PhD) all while working full time. He completed his Doctorate of Business Administration and his MBA at the Monarch Business School in Switzerland. Dr Block achieved his PhD at the University of Exeter. At the Fuller School of Intercultural Studies, he obtained a MAGL in Global Leadership.
Dr Block has been published in Gulf Business, Forbes, CEO Magazine, Entrepreneur, MEE, Oxford Journals and Routledge Academic Books. He is certified in:
• Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
• Executive Coaching (International Association of Professional Coaches, Counselors and Therapists)
• Advanced Financial Statement Analysis (Informa Middle East)
• Leading Multicultural Teams (Global Teams – Training & Consulting)
• NLP Level 2 Business Practitioner
As an international speaker, he is often asked to speak on stages around the world. He delivers workshops and deep insights into employee engagement, meaningful management, AI, culture, technology, innovation and the organisation of the future.
He believes strongly that business is personal and runs a leading, regional podcast – entitled ‘Business is Personal’ – featuring panels of experts. Bringing actionable discussions from Dubai’s business leaders to the world, Dr Corrie Block hosts the region’s leading podcast. Industry experts discuss artificial intelligence, family business, leadership, technology and culture in organisations. Specific issues that are dealt with include:
• As a company owner, how concerned should I be about climate change? What can I do? We all know what greenwashing looks like.
• The MENA region is fragmented, so if you want your company to succeed, it is necessary for you to take your regional strategy international, and have the UAE as the hub.
• There is STILL a formidable failure rate with agile teams. Organisations are frustrated with the entire industry as it’s not giving them certain profitability.