Brad Shorkend is an agitator & thought provoker… he works with business leaders around the world helping them to be constantly innovation ready and to create exceptional employee experiences that translate into meaningful innovation, constant relevance, and significant revenue.
He walks his talk as a leader, entrepreneur and innovator and is currently an active shareholder in businesses across numerous sectors (technology, real estate, fashion, learning consultancy… to name a few).
Brad’s professional career kicked off with him founding and building his own architectural practice and specializing in architecture for business for 15 years. It was during this time that he discovered his love for entrepreneurship, leadership, people development and the “thinking” space and successfully diversified into more than 20 exciting business ventures in multiple sectors.
Since 2006 Brad has been coaching, mentoring, speaking and facilitating across a wide range of industries and industry sectors working primarily with CEO, MD, Exco, and leadership at all levels of organisation, high potential individuals, teams and entrepreneurs.
His clients are a dynamic array of many of the leading blue chip organisations in South Africa in addition to exciting, early-stage start-ups and high impact scale-ups. Brad is also fortunate to have worked with clients across Europe, the United States of America, Asia, the Emirates, Australia as well as the rest of Africa.
Brad is also the co-author of the 2018 publication WE ARE STILL HUMAN (and work shouldn’t suck!) with Andy Golding.
Some of the businesses that he has founded and led in his career are :
- STILL HUMAN (Relevance Advisory, Founding Partner, 2015 – )
- IMPELLO CO-WORKING SPACE (Co-working Learning Space, Founding Partner, 2016 – 2019 )
- TWEAK ’N STYLE (Online fashion styling & e-commerce platform, 2017 – )
- URBAN EVEREST CONSCIOUSNESS (People Development & Perspective Agency, Founding Partner 2007 – Current)
- SEED ENGINE (Start-Up Business Accelerator, Partner 2012 – 2016 [sold] )
- SEED ACADEMY SCHOOL OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP (Founding Partner 2013 – 2016 [sold] )
- HUIZEMARK – JHB NORTH EAST (Real Estate Agency, Founding Partner 2012 – )
- VIRTUOCONNECT (Telecommunications Provider, CEO 2010 – 2012 [sold] )
- JEKYLL & HYDE (Nail Studio & Collectables – Morningside Shopping Centre, Founding Partner 2009 – 2012 [sold] )
- MR. PRICE (Home & Clothing, Dar Es Salaam Tanzania, Partner 2008 – 2012 [sold] )
- GENIUS LOCI ARCHITECTURE (Architectural Practice, Founding Partner 2000 – 2011 [retired])
- JUSTBIZ PROPERTIES (Property Development Company, Founding Partner 2006 – 2009 [sold])
- SENSORIUM BEAUTY SPA (Full Scope Beauty Spa, Founding Partner 2003 – 2005 [sold] )
- RELIABLE MUSIC WAREHOUSE – CARLTON CENTRE (Retail Outlet, Founding Partner 2004 – 2011 [sold] )
Brad has the following qualifications and certifications :
- NEUROZONE CERTIFIED COACH (brain body optimization) – Neurozone, Dr. Etienne van der Walt – 2019
- NBI BRAIN PREFERENCE PRACTITIONER – NBI, Dr. Kobus Neethling – 2015
- MULTIPLIERS MASTER FACILITATOR – The Wiseman Group – 2014 (Dubai)
- DESIGN THINKER FACILITATOR ACCREDITATION – Experience Point – 2013 (Dubai)
- WORLDWIDE ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS COACHES (Verifiable continuing prof dev – Working with Complexity in Business Coaching – 2012)
- EVOLVED COACH CERTIFICATION – Fed NLPC Prof – 2011
- EVOLVED NLP COACH CERTIFICATION – Fed NLPC Prof – 2011
- EVOLVED NLP PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION – Fed NLPC Prof – 2011
- LEVEL 1 ACCREDITED FACILITATOR – Heart Of Leadership (Worldsview) – 2010 LEVEL 1 ACCREDITED FACILITATOR – 9 Conversations in Leadership – (Worldsview) – 2009
- LEVEL 1 ACCREDITED FACILITATOR – Purposeful Teams (Worldsview) – 2009 CERTIFIED WORKPLACE COACH – Results Coaching Systems (ICF) – 2009
- PROFESSIONAL TRAINER DIPLOMA – (ACTP – ICF) – 2008
- CONSCIOUSNESS COACHING DIPLOMA – PCD (CCI) – 2007
- PROFESSIONAL COACHING DIPLOMA – PCD (ACTP – ICF) – 2007
Brad is also adjunct faculty at :
- GIBS (Gordon Institute of Business Science)
- DUKE CE
In his free time brad loves to travel and climb big mountains… he has summited three of the seven summits (the tallest mountain on each continent) and has also expeditioned to Everest Base Camp in Nepal.